Today is gratitude Monday here at my blog. I like to write these posts on Sundays, I sit with my journal, I recall my week, I pray, I praise my King. I am grateful.
One of the favorite books I have as a prayer companion is A Method of Prayer, by Matthew Henry. He says concerning thanksgiving,
“Our errand at the throne of grace is not only to seek the favour of God, but to give unto Him the glory due unto His name, and that not only by an awful adoration of his infinite perfections, but by a grateful acknowledgment of his goodness to us…” (p.79)
I join the creation in praise and worship the Giver, my God.
712. Being back
713. Being able to homeschool my children. It is an undeserved calling.
714. Being able to read and teach.
715. School supplies, pens and pencils, notebooks and books, geometry sets and erasers, and the excitement of all of us.
716. New books to read and discover.
717. A Church.
719. Friends who teach me how to live by faith and not by sight.
720. God’s provision.
721. Using Matthew Henry’s words here, I give thanks to my God because “he has made us reasonable creatures, capable of knowing, loving, serving, and enjoying him, and that He hath not made us like beasts that perish” (ibid p. 82)
722. I thank my Heavenly Father because He has us hidden under His shadow. I thank Him for keeping us safe.
723. My sister’s endurance.
724. My parents’ health.
725. The Word of God which is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
726. VHS cassettes, my family all tugged in my bed and hours of laughing and crying watching my children when they were little (13 years ago!)
757. Planning anther session of memories for the next weekend!
758. Having a full fridge.
760. Running water.
762. Flowers and vibrant colors.
I pray that I won’t go this day without praising God in all I do. I pray that the Holy Spirit will help me live giving thanks in all things, at all times through Christ Jesus, Savior of my soul.
What are you grateful for today?