I promised to share this recipe with my friend Robin, and because it is so simple and so yummy, I thought YOU would also like to have it.
Spicy Grilled Chicken
adapted from the book Gold’n Delicious (a book recommended to me by my dear friend Teri)
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in stripes.
5 cloves garlic, minced.
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick)
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tbs catchup
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp water
1. In a medium bowl combine garlic, ginger, salt, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon and cardamom (note: I used my coffee grinder to grind the cinnamon, pepper and cardamom… gotta love the fresh ground spices!)
2. Stir in the catchup, vinegar and water.
3. Marinate the chicken breasts in this sauce for about two hours.
4. Grill and enjoy!
I love to serve this with my sister’s Couscous recipe:
Couscous with Cranberries and Chives
3 cups of couscous
3 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup diced chives
salt to taste
*optional: the juice of one lime
1. Add the boiling water to the couscous. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add the cranberries, chives, salt to taste and some olive oil (and the lime juice if you chose to add it)
3. Mix carefully.
4. serve at room temperature.